Thursday, May 15, 2008

computers. not just for surfing the internets.

I use my little computer all the time for "hybrid scrapbooking." And to be honest, I use my word processor more than I use photoshop. I use my home computer for journaling, to print up custom patterned papers and elements... the possibilities are endless.

Also, free. Hello clip art and dafont

This layout was made using my computer and a few scraps. I used a T-shirt as my inspiration.

1. Find cool vector graphic (clip art or wallpaper) and print on cardstock.(or use some cool stamps!) Here I adjusted the opacity so it was a little tranparent.

2. Find cool picture of yourself and alter with Photoshop Actions until it looks like a cartoon or vector graphic (I used a free action dowloaded from the internet called Vector Art)

3. Attach patterned paper and doily in a pleasing manner.

4. Stamp or print out title.

5. Stamp around edges

6. Adhere rubons and attach soft charm and brads (I actually made the prongs lie flat and attached them with glue dots so they looked like they had little wings)

Another thing I like to do is make my own patterned paper. Mmm typography.

With this one I made my own patterned text paper in Word with a free font called Trashed that I downloaded from the internet. Lots of fun possibilities here. Custom journaling tags, alphabet "stickers" made from internet fonts.... think of all the cool stuff out there....

Happy crafting!

1 comments:

MsLalynn said...

Thank you for this. It cleared up a number of questions I have had.